Saturday 15th March 2014

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Saturday 15th March 2014

Post by noemz »

The Saturday 15th March 2014 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head towards the tables at the back.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 15th March 2014

Post by noemz »

Wow, awesome! Three people have already posted stories for the March meeting, and I'm looking to post something myself, soon! It's hopping in here! :mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing everybody on the 15th!
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Welp, don't think I'll get my own thingamee posted for this meeting, but I've posted comments on the three stories that people have submitted.

So, who's coming along this Saturday, then?
Highfantasyaddict

Post by Highfantasyaddict »

Hi There!

I'm Helen. I write and review fantasy, and am currently working on two full length manuscripts. I'd love to come along to this month's meeting. I don't have anything to put in the queue this month, but I'd just love the opportunity to connect with other spec fic writers. Would it be ok if I gatecrash at around 1pm? My kids have swimming in the morning, and I'm not sure I can make it any earlier.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Helen, welcome! :D

It would be great to meet you! We should be there until about 2pm, so definitely rock up if you can make it!
Highfantasyaddict

Fantastic - I look forward to meeting you. Will you be easy to find in the venue?
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Very easy. Once you enter the Shakespeare Hotel, just head towards the back. There is a cosy room full of chairs and tables. Turn your head to the right, and you'll see us all snuggled in a corner under a deer's head. ;)
Highfantasyaddict

Excellent! I'll be the late one, looking like I just got out of a swimming pool with a 'lost' expression on my face. See you tomorrow.

H
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Okay, so, dazed and smelling of chlorine, check. :lol: