Sunday 23rd December 2018 ONLINE ONLY

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Sunday 23rd December 2018 ONLINE ONLY

Post by noemz »

The Sunday 23rd December 2018 meeting will be held in your own home because this meeting is ONLINE ONLY, what with it being so close to Christmas and all that.

We still have the same deadlines for posting (2 weeks ahead for stories over 7000 words, otherwise 1 week ahead, and comments the day before) but as to what actually happens on Sunday 23rd December, I have no idea. Perhaps we can chat on the forum, or on Facebook (although, I understand that not everybody is on Facebook... Any other suggestions?)

Consumption of deep fried or baked goods is up to the individual.

Also, Devonshire Street is still pretty f**ked but that won't matter.
DazWizzle

Re: Sunday 23rd December 2018 ONLINE ONLY

Post by DazWizzle »

IRC, DIscord, Just notes?
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
"I am no longer engaging in the mermaid poop conversation" - Karin
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Jocelyn and Jaime appear to be leaning towards just doing notes that are due by that day, but if anybody is itching to converse as well, I'm open to suggestions.
shxinny

Post by shxinny »

Happy to chat on the day as well! Discord or FB is easy but not everyone has either of them. Or Skype (although unwieldy if big)
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Discord Link for anyone that wants it
https://discord.gg/E283c2d
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
"I am no longer engaging in the mermaid poop conversation" - Karin
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Okay, this is how the online meeting will work tomorrow.

Each story thread in Monthly Workshops will be the discussion thread for that story.
(Please don't discuss stories in the wrong threads or it will get confusing.)

Comments are due today (Saturday).

After reading through all the comments on their story, each author can begin by posting in their story thread with questions, comments and explanations. Once they've done that, anybody can jump in and post, kicking off the discussion.

Story discussions can happen simultaneously; just jump from thread to thread, and make sure you're discussing each story in the correct thread.

Any questions?

I'm happy to kick off mine at 12pm so you can have a look and see what I mean. I'm pretty sure we'll work it out, though.

I will also be snacking from a selection of crudites served with taramosalata. There will be anchovies.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

noemz wrote:Here is an example of quoted text.
Here's a formatting tip, if you're carving up someone's comments or questions so that you can respond bit by bit, if you want.

If you click on "Quote" on a message instead of just "Post Reply" at the bottom of a thread, you'll see something like
noemz wrote:Quoted stuff goes in here
except that the username ("noemz" in this case) has " " around it. (I took the "" out of that example to stop the forum from executing the code.)

This way you can differentiate between what you're quoting, and your own words.