SUNDAY 18th May 2014

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SUNDAY 18th May 2014

Post by noemz »

The May meeting for 2014, for this meeting only, will be held on the SUNDAY, 18th May.

The meeting will run from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head towards the tables at the back.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
Marina

Re: SUNDAY 18th May 2014

Post by Marina »

I'm hoping to make it this time! Will put up the first couple of chapters of my urban fantasy soon.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Oh my! Life! Hooray! :D

I'll be posting something this weekend. I'm doing a synopsis for a short fantasy graphic novel.
Highfantasyaddict

Post by Highfantasyaddict »

Hi Naomi,

I'm in! Wouldn't miss it and looking forward to seeing you again. Hope Sat goes well. Still haven't posted anything to the forum - I may try to sneak something into the thread tomorrow - or failing that, can I bring a piece with me? I've been so caught up trying to get through this second edit of my book, I haven't had time for anything else.

Helen
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I really hope you can make it, Helen! It sounds like we'll have a few more people there this Sunday!

Do what you can, and if you end up bringing the story with you, so be it. Print a couple of copies to show. If it's over 2000 words then it may be difficult for people to read at the meeting itself. If it all goes pear-shaped, you could post it for the July meeting, but still come along to this one anyway!
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hey, awesome meeting, peeps! And happy birthday again, David!

It's really nice to see the group hopping again. :D Wow, five whole people!

The next meeting will be in July, but it could be on Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th, depending on people's availability. I have no idea if people know what they're doing that far in advance, so I could wait a month and then do a poll.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Yes, it was fun to catch up -- it's been a while! And nice to see a new face in the group too *waves at Helen*.

I can't do the Saturday, but at the moment I'm free on Sunday the 20th. But whatever works for the majority.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I'm free on the Saturday AND the Sunday.

Anyone else? Can you make Sunday 20th July?
Highfantasyaddict

Post by Highfantasyaddict »

Hi All,

Lovely to catch up again Naomi and David, and great to meet you, Jaime and Marina. What a fun meeting! Next meeting I promise to put my head on the chopping block and post something. Sat or Sun should be ok for me - I'm one of those peeps who is never sure what I'm doing ahead of time, but the diary looks clear at the moment. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks Marina for popping by my blog as well - I just had a look at yours too - love it!

Helen