Sunday 26th April 2020

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Sunday 26th April 2020

Post by noemz »

The Sunday 26th April 2020 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm-ish in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station. Or perchance, you might catch a... tram! Gasp!

Come into the bar and head upstairs! We'll have our own room.

Here is a handy Google map. This map will actually show you where the Shakespeare Hotel is. Most people ignore this link.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 26th April 2020

Post by noemz »

Given the way things are going with the COVID-19 pandemic, it's likely that our April meeting will be online only.

The same deadlines will apply, with comments posted the day before the meeting, and then discussions on each story can happen on those stories' threads.

It would be good to also have a general discussion where we talk about whatever... whether it's an open thread in General Discussion, or Facebook Messenger chat (although, I understand that not everyone is on FB so this isn't ideal) or Whatsapp or Skype or Discord.

Suggestions?
ARL

Post by ARL »

Hope everyone is safe and looking after themselves in this stressful time. Try not to murder whoever you’re trapped in isolation with.

Given the pandemic & lockdown, we may need to be online for meetings for a while :?

In terms of general discussion, Facebook is still evil, but I do have Skype, and I’ll just put it out there that I am happy to start up hardcore email correspondence. Not like there’s anything else to do at the moment....
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I'm on Skype (I just sent you a wave!)

Anyone else on Skype? We could do a group chat there.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I have signed up to Microsoft Teams, which works much better than Skype for group video chats, and is more secure than Zoom.

I'll run the meeting from 12pm this Sunday, but I suspect we'll be futzing around to ensure it's working for everybody. I'll send out an invitation link that will allow you to join.

You won't have to install anything. Here's how to join the meeting on Sunday: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 5a4c039508

If you're lurking on this forum and would like to join Sunday's meeting, please reply in this thread to let me know you're interested and I can send you the invitation link on Sunday.