Introduce yourself!

Who we are and why, how to register, how things work.
DazWizzle

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by DazWizzle »

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the group.

I have unlocked our section for you. Please tell me if you are unable to access it or post.

Instructions for submissions are in the workshop channel.
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
"I am no longer engaging in the mermaid poop conversation" - Karin
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi!

I'm Tom – I've been writing for a while, and have joined writers' groups before (Sydney, London, Berlin) but never one that's online. I'm looking forward to this.

Currently, I'm rewriting a speculative / science fiction novel, while working on a new one.

I'm keen to both critique and submit.

Do you guys still meet up at the pub in Surry Hills? I saw the next meeting was online? I'd be happy to meet online and in person.

Cheers,
Tom
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Hi Tom, Welcome to the forum.

At the moment face to face meetings are not taking place however when we get a few more back in the group, I plan to book the pub back out, however it will be a Saturday instead of Sundays. With hope, this will be the later part of the year. I'll try an make it an online/face to face style meetup, remote members can dial in.

Happy to have you onboard, any questions. Please feel free to ask. I'll unlock the members area for you.
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
lyv0n

Post by lyv0n »

Hi everyone!

My name is Novyl and I am new around here. I'm also fairly new in Australia as well - I moved over from New Zealand in November 2021.

Good to be here among fellow writers.

Currently based in Melton, Melbourne - so any Melbournites - "HEY!"

I write mostly science fiction and fantasy - and have been working on a fantasy epic for the last (I've lost count) few years ... It's a hard slog, as the story is quite large and complicated - with many compelling characters! :O I bit off more than I could chew.

Looking forward to reading all your submissions and providing feedback - :) And hopefully gaining some inspiration in the process!

Churr.

-Novyl :)
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Hi Novyl,
Welcome to the forum.

I'll unlock the members section for you shortly. If you have any drama's please let me know and I can sort them out for you. Submissions close this month next Sunday, with the meeting the following Sunday at 12pm Sydney time. I will post the link up 30minutes prior to the meeting.
Regards,

Darren

TerryTalksFiction

Post by TerryTalksFiction »

Hey Novyl! Geelong and Melbourne are practically around the corner (relative to Sydney, anyway), so hiiiiii!

Used to do a lot of work around Melton when I was an archaeologist (all the housing development) :-D

Looking forward to reading your work!
PSEdwards

Post by PSEdwards »

Hello Everyone,

You can call me Sam, I've finally made the jump to join a writing group. I'm a voracious reader of all types of fiction but fantasy is my love and passion. I'm a beginning writer looking to get serious. I'm not ready to submit my own work just yet but would prefer to critique and support. I work full time, have a partner and two teenage kids so my capacity to write is sporadic even though my capacity to think about writing feels infinite. I live in Sydney and I'm looking forward to contributing.

Best Regards
Sam
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Hi sam, welcome.
I'll unlock the members area for you later today. If you have any questions, please hit me up and I'll do my best to help out.
Regards,

Darren

KatWolf

Post by KatWolf »

Hi,

I've been mucking around with my creative writing passion for years and attending various short courses/workshops. I have written many short stories (most of which sit collecting virtual dust in a file on my laptop in various states of semi-completion). For the past 4 years I've been working on novels (I'm currently writing the third instalment of a trilogy). I am part of a women's writing circle group who meet up about once every three months. I have always found it helpful conversing with other writers re craft, troubleshooting etc. However, I feel I would greatly benefit from joining The Infinitas Writers Group, as my novel writing falls into the SFF genre and would love to connect with like-minded oddballs who, like me, enjoy pushing their imaginations to the next exoplanet. I live in Sydney, so a bi-monthly meet up would suit me. I'm happy to contribute to the feedback of work and have my own critiqued from time to time.

Thanks, Katherine
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Hi Katherine, welcome to the group. Currently we do a once a month meeting online, with a plan to return to the Shakespeare hotel in surry hills in the future. We had our meeting today, the next meeting will be the 20th of November.

Darren
Regards,

Darren