Introduce yourself!

Who we are and why, how to register, how things work.
zolo187

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by zolo187 »

Hello I'm Peter I've been writing fantasy for a while but I'm still trying to improve.
I'm not good at talking about myself. :D
WHAT
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Peter! :D We've got a meeting this Sunday. Want to come along?

http://www.infinitaswriters.com/forum/v ... f=12&t=121
zolo187

Post by zolo187 »

Yes it sounds like fun :D
WHAT
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Awesome! The Shakespeare opens at noon on Sundays, so grab a drink and come upstairs. We can get our own little room upstairs with a big table. It's quite nice! They also have a lunch menu.
WilliamRhodes

Post by WilliamRhodes »

hi there!

My name is Raphael, 21.

I kinda accidentally fell into writing several years ago when I came up with a story concept that I felt had to become a book. Since then, my "book" has become much, much more; it is now several trilogies, many short stories (most of which is still in my head... but we are getting there.)

It all kinda fits into its own weird genre of Sci-fi post-apocalyptic fantasy.

I have a blog on tumblr where I post short stories related to my series... but its kinda fallen by the wayside of late.
raphaelcarroll.tumblr.com

I guess I'm really just here for feedback and encouragement. I'd like to know whether my idea is viable or if its time to... stop :?
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Welcome! :)

So we'll see you at the meeting tomorrow? (Don't be shy, we don't bite! :lol: )
WilliamRhodes

Post by WilliamRhodes »

You bet I'll be there! I've been looking forward to it for days.
Uploaded my story and everything.
SoulThief

Post by SoulThief »

Hi,

I'm Greg (since 2000 my nickname online has been SoulThief - so call me either)

I always intended to write science fiction but somehow life got in the way (I work in IT and it can be pretty consuming). Hence at the age of 51 my only published work is a couple of management textbooks,

I'm currently working on a series of novels where the action in each is mostly chronologically concurrent with some overlap of events, albeit each is self-contained with a separate storyline. So far I have composed about 150k words. I am an amateur artist (science fiction and fantasy) and enjoy travelling (where I search for inspiration). My website and blog can be found at http://www.greole.com.

In respect to attending meetings, I live at Loftus in Sydney's south and it may be possible sometimes depending upon family commitments. :)

regards

Greg
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Pleased to meet you, SoulThief!

Come along to a meeting and meet everybody! The next one is in November, on either Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th, depending on people's availability (do you have a preference?). The forum tends to be a bit quiet until meetings get closer, and people start posting their stories for critique.

Do you have anything you would like to post? You could put up a novel synopsis or outline for us to look at. Also, do you write any short stories? I find that short story writing is a great way to develop your craft and writing discipline before launching into long works; short stories are much less forgiving ;) and also quicker and easier to workshop and rewrite!
SoulThief

Post by SoulThief »

Hi noemz :)

I do have an overall synopsis of my novels (containing spoilers). Where should I post that?

I've got one short story based in my world. I really want to do a bit of rework on it though. Should I share?

Greg