SUNDAY 17th May 2015

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SUNDAY 17th May 2015

Post by noemz »

The Sunday 17th May 2015 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head upstairs! (If nobody's up there, wait at a table downstairs near the front entrance).

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
Jaime

Re: SUNDAY 17th May 2015

Post by Jaime »

I'm coming but I have nothing that needs review!

Is anyone else coming? Does anyone have anything they want me to look at?
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

There are a few RSVPs via MeetUp, so hopefully we'll have a few people attending.

Still early days yet with posting stories. I was going to work on Borund, but I've been working on the graphic novel instead. I'll repost Borund in July for review.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Okay, I've put up a story. It's a rewrite of "Figurines" that I did for a writing competition last November. Things explode in this one. ;)
originalsooshi

Post by originalsooshi »

Ack, I've been meaning to put something up, but I have no idea what to put up. I haven't really got anything that's been completed thus far.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Ohhh you posted something! Yayayay! :D
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

Excellent, I will review and see you all on Sunday!
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
JohnLewis

Post by JohnLewis »

Hi All
I can come as a Newbee, barring family illness, with a posting of part of my first novel. The question is how many pages should I submit?
Is anyone else using Scrivener?

TonyLewis
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Tony! Come along! :D

How long is the first chapter? If it's around 3000 words or less, then post it (but post it soon so that people have a chance to read it!)

Also, re: Scrivener: make sure what you post is in Word doc or docx, text (txt), rich text (rtf) or pdf format.
railosmith

Post by railosmith »

Hi All

I will be at the meetup tomorrow. Looking forward to meet fellow writers. I have a published short story, and I have been working on structuring my first novel. Would love to meet people and exchange ideas :).

Regards