SATURDAY 21st November 2015

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SATURDAY 21st November 2015

Post by noemz »

The Saturday 21st October 2015 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head upstairs! (If nobody's up there, wait at a table downstairs near the front entrance).

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: SATURDAY 21st November 2015

Post by noemz »

If we have a few people coming along, then I'll try booking a room this time. I'll keep you posted.

Also: even if you haven't posted a story, come along anyway. I'd like to see this writers group flourish, and if people stay away because they haven't had time to write, then you miss out on the whole community aspect of the group. We can encourage each other to get projects finished, set personal deadlines and so on, so... If you can make it, come along anyway!

I've found that if you're around other people who are being productive, it helps YOU to get productive, too. So don't wilt in the background. Come to the meetings!
AgileRenee

Post by AgileRenee »

I hope to come along and make my first session.

I do have some material to bring - is it best to bring printouts or post it on the site?
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi AgileRenee!

It is better to post it (by Sunday 15th November) so that people have a chance to look at it before you come to the meeting. Choose something short to begin with, like a short story or novel excerpt or an outline. If you do post something, you'll need to read other people's posted stories as well and post your comments. :)

If you're not sure whether or not you can make it to this meeting, then just print it out instead and bring it along with you.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I booked us a room upstairs! Woot! Now we are all special people.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hey, it was great to see everybody today! Really good meeting! :D