Saturday 15th June 2013

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Saturday 15th June 2013

Post by noemz »

The Saturday 15th June 2013 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Vine Bar & Bistro, which is upstairs from the Madison Hotel at 52 Devonshire St, Surry Hills. This is right across the road from Central station. Come into the bar and head up the stairs.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
Jaime

Re: Saturday 15th June 2013

Post by Jaime »

Awesome. I'll be there. I'm just about to post comments on The Wolf in the Feathered Hat and I'll be posting a short story of my own shortly.
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
danutaelectra

Post by danutaelectra »

Hi,
I'll be there. I don't know about work. I have had a minor IT issue involving a child and a computer game. Think of the worse possible thing that could happen to a writer with a child and a computer game and double it.

Kindness
Danuta
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Ouch! Is that like using a DVD player like a toaster? :shock:

I feel your pain, and I will be happy to lubricate your troubles away with a pint of Guinness at the next meeting! :D

(Hooray, Danuta's on the forum too! *happy dance* )
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

So, does anybody have anything to post this week for the upcoming meeting? Only one week to go, so get your skates on!

If you run out of time to post it for comments, then you'll need to print out a couple of copies to bring to the meeting. But, it's much better to post it to the forum ahead of time!

Even if you don't have a story, it would be great to see you there to catch up and talk about the group!
danutaelectra

Post by danutaelectra »

Hi,
I have a story that I would like to have folk look at. It is a little long. I'll get it up this evening when I get to my desk.

Thanks
Danuta
ThomasLayton

Post by ThomasLayton »

Hey guys, I registered with the group a while back, I've been reading stuff but never commented because I am techtarded and couldn't figure out the forum. I haven't been contributing but I'd like to get involved now that semester's over. Is it alright if I join you?
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

Of course it is :-)
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Welcome, Thomas! :D Please join us!

Are you able to make it to the meeting on the 15th? Would be awesome to meet you.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Okay, I have booked a cosy corner table by the window at the Vine Bar for noon this Saturday.

I booked it under "Infinitas" but I suspect the gentleman may have written down "Infinity". Anyway, they know we're a writers group. It should be nice and quiet there on a Saturday, so we won't have to yell and we won't be squeezed in. If it all goes well, we can make this our regular venue.

If you're coming, please click on the handy Google map and check the location so you don't get lost. You're looking for the Madison Hotel; the Vine Bar is upstairs. You'll find the stairs next to the bar.

If you're coming by train, be aware that Central station is a big place! You want to come out at the correct end and on the correct side. If in doubt, ask somebody for directions to Devonshire Street. :)