SUNDAY 15th May 2016

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SUNDAY 15th May 2016

Post by noemz »

The Sunday 15th May 2016 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head upstairs! (If nobody's up there, wait at a table downstairs near the front entrance). I'll see if I can book our favourite room again.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
Liam

Re: SUNDAY 15th May 2016

Post by Liam »

Hi all

I'll be there! Looking forward to it actually.

Hope you're all doing well.

Liam
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Sweet! I hope you're writing hard. ;)
Mosschop

Post by Mosschop »

Hello,

I'm an aspiring writer of adventuresome SF interested in attending the next meeting. I've just moved to Sydney from Melbourne, and my girlfriend has ordered me to get out of the house on my own every now and then!

Is all the reading supposed to have been done online prior to the meeting? Or should I plan to bring along some printed copies of my writing? Am I correct in assuming around 1500-2000 words would be an appropriate length?

Many thanks. I'm looking forward to the fifteenth!

Cheers,

Josh.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Josh, and welcome!

We prefer that people read the posted stories and comment on them before coming to the meeting. Some people bring their comments to the meeting for discussion. You don't need to bring copies of your story; just upload your story into the Monthly Workshops area by this Sunday (8th May), and post your comments on other people's stories by the Saturday before the meeting (14th May).

A few people have tablets and laptops that they bring along, which really saves on paper!

Here are the instructions on posting: Link.

People often write longer than 2000 words (thus why we post stories a week in advance!) but limiting to 2000 words is good for your first post. :)
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I have booked the usual upstairs room at the Shakespeare! So, head on up. The place opens at noon (sometimes a little earlier).
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

I'll be there but have nothing new for review.
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
SGraceEyre

Post by SGraceEyre »

Chance I might be late because of a work thing. Hopefully not!
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hey everyone, great meeting! :D Was awesome to see everybody there. I'll expect more writing in July!