Sunday 23rd July 2017

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Sunday 23rd July 2017

Post by noemz »

The Sunday 23rd July 2017 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head upstairs! We'll have our own room.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 23rd July 2017

Post by noemz »

If you haven't done so already, please check the file naming conventions before you post stories or comments on stories.

File naming conventions.

When we have half a dozen stories, and half a dozen sets of comments on each story, this helps to make sense of what's what.
WanderessAly

Post by WanderessAly »

I can finally make it again.
It's only been 6 months....
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

For information to anyone wanting to drive/ride, there's a lot of construction in the area for the new tramline so parking doesn't reflect google street view and half of Devonshire Street is closed to vehicle traffic from the Central station side and one way from the Shakespeare Hotel on wards. Best bet if public transport isn't an option is to park on Riley street entering in on Arthur street (Moore Park side). Adelaide street is a thoroughfare for Motorcycle and foot traffic only.

Hope this is of some help.
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
"I am no longer engaging in the mermaid poop conversation" - Karin
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Thanks for that! I catch the train so I keep forgetting that people have to deal with those roads. I'll have to add this warning to the meeting information until that tramline is finally built!

And, welcome back Aly! :)
asydneygirl

Post by asydneygirl »

A tramline???

Is that what they're building there?

How did I miss this?
DazWizzle

Post by DazWizzle »

Just wanted to add that the south Dowling street exit is now permanently closed northbound. You will have to get off at the Dacey avenue exit if you are coming up southern cross drive.
Regards,

Darren

"The poop was me... Sorry. In my defence, I've never had the poop talk before" - Jaime
"I am no longer engaging in the mermaid poop conversation" - Karin
thebricoleuse

Post by thebricoleuse »

Hello! I'm new and aiming to come along to this. I live and work in the Eastern Suburbs, so will come via public transport.

I used to write a lot in high school and university, been very intermittent for several years now, just trying to get back into the groove at the moment. Because of life commitments I'm unlikely to make a lot of progress with the novel for the next six months, but keen to come along and read other people's work, and I'll try to put together some things if possible.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi, hope you can make it! :D
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I've booked the Shakespeare room for this Sunday. Apparently we've got the two table room.

Also, if you're still planning to post something for this Sunday's meeting, please do so NO LATER than tonight (Monday) so people have a chance to read and comment on your work. Ta!