Introduce yourself!

Who we are and why, how to register, how things work.
noemz
Site Admin

Introduce yourself!

Post by noemz »

New to the group? Or old? Pop into this thread and say hello!
playful

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by playful »

Hi! I'm Playful! I'm a fuzzy sock puppet!
GrahamClements

Post by GrahamClements »

Hi I'm Graham. I've been a not very active member of this group for a few years now. I hope to become more active and critique more. I live far away in Wangaratta Victoria so I won't be attending any meetings. I write science fiction and I have not really submitted anything to publishers yet - only did so to satisfy course requirements. I am very active on Google+ and facebook and I have a blog on blogger which I have updated once a week for the past five years. It is mainly on writing, science fiction and the publishing industry. I write for the website Divine (www.divine.vic.gov.au).
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Welcome, Graham! :D

I've long suspected that we have a lot of lurkers who have been meaning to jump in. That's one reason why I thought a forum would be a much nicer format than the Yahoo group: people can chat in different threads without everything getting tangled up together.

And, given that most of the group happens online, you can still post stories and read people's work and offer critiques! Or, just hang around and chat!

Awesome blog, too. :) Cool, so you do book reviews?
playful

Post by playful »

I tried to register here, but the registration didn't work, so I'm commenting as 'playful'. I am a lurker on the Infinitas mailing list, and have often thought about coming to meetings since I live in Sydney, but have never done so due to family commitments. If an online forum existed, I would be tempted to check it out to enjoy meeting local spec fic writers online. For what it's worth, this is my writer blog: www.fimichell.wordpress.com.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I have to say I did a double-take when my sock puppet "playful" posted a message! :lol:

What happened when you registered? Did you get any error messages? Did you enter the special code backwards?

Please let me know all the details / error messages that happened so that I can fix that for you.

Also, welcome! Ohhh, a writing blog! :D
playful

Post by playful »

Hi noemz - thanks for your welcome. Yes - more of a 'writer's blog' than a 'writing' blog because I don't presume to offer any new insights on how to write. :) I'm still figuring that out for myself! When I tried to register, I got an error message along the line of 'you have given the wrong answer to a question'. I did type the code in backwards, and I re-entered all the fields to make sure they were correct, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Ah, that error does mean that something went wrong when you entered the code.

Make sure you copy the upper and lower cases correctly. Also, I think the question adds an ":" to the end which is not actually part of the code.

So basically, the code you have to enter in is: B@19&Hy

(Wow, that ampersand looks weird in this font.)

I've now fixed up the question so that this is less confusing. Thanks! :)

(Unfortunately, it's necessary to have a code to stop spam bots from registering.)
fihr

Post by fihr »

It worked! Yes, I was entering that ':' at the end of the previous password.

Now, back to attempting to write while the kids are at home making lots of noise...
theinfamousmrd

Post by theinfamousmrd »

/delurk

I'm Dan, I've known NoemZ for many years and have written sci-fi on and off in that time. I have no idea what or why I'm doing here, but then that's nothing new to me.

I could just post random opinions about sci-fi stuffs, post some prose. I do love a good yarn.

/relurk