Saturday 17th August 2013

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Saturday 17th August 2013

Post by noemz »

The Saturday 17th August 2013 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head towards the tables at the back.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
Jaime

Re: Saturday 17th August 2013

Post by Jaime »

I'll be there!
Jaime
writing as Ciara Ballintyne - The cracks in our souls bleed darkness
Twitter @CiaraBallintyne Facebook www.facebook.com/CiaraBallintyne Website www.ciaraballintyne.com
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Me too!

HEY NEW PEOPLE!! ARE WE GOING TO SEE YOU AT THE SHAKESPEARE HOTEL ON 17TH AUGUST, THEN?

Don't be shy. Go ooooon. Come have lunch and a beer with us. ;)

Any of you going to post a story? POST A STORY! I dare you.
abu

Post by abu »

I'll definitely be there... Don't have a story to post at present. :cry:
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Abu: Here's an exercise... Write something that is 1000 words.

If that's too much, then 500 words. It's a good discipline. :) Get a really simple idea and cram it down into a small number of words. I dare you to give it a shot!
Marina

Post by Marina »

Hi guys!

Finally got around to joining up. Sorry I've been so quiet this year. I can't make it to meetings at the moment, too tied up with Saturday sports. I might be able to make it to the October one. Anyway, will try to at least get involved on line.

I'm revising an urban fantasy at the moment that I wrote last year during Nano, but I haven't done anything else all year, so nothing to post. Must dust off my short story-writing skills soon before I forget how to do it!

Regards,
Marina
abu

Post by abu »

noemz wrote:Abu: Here's an exercise... Write something that is 1000 words.

If that's too much, then 500 words. It's a good discipline. :) Get a really simple idea and cram it down into a small number of words. I dare you to give it a shot!
noemz: Challenge received. :D And I appreciate the tip.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Abu: Woot! :D

Marina: OMIGOD IT'S MARINAAAAAA! Long time, no chat, woman! Stay in touch! :D
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hey peeps, I know the workshop deadline says 11th August, but there's still time to post a story for Saturday's meeting. If you can get something up by Thursday latest, we might be able to have a look at it (unless it's novel length, of course!)
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Omigod, just counted the leftover Infinitas flyers after the SMASH anime convention I did last Saturday.

I honestly thought only a couple of people had taken flyers, but I've just discovered that TWENTY THREE were picked up!

Between SMASH, Supanova and the Meet Up group, it's going to be interesting to see how many people turn up!! I've "booked" a table for six at the Shakespeare for Saturday (the very lovely lady there said that we should be fine for noon Saturday) but I'm sure we can just squeeze more people in if we need to! :mrgreen:

So, all you lovely lurkers out there... Sing out and let us know if you're coming!