Sunday 19th January 2020

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

Sunday 19th January 2020

Post by noemz »

Because of Australia Day, the January meeting will be on the THIRD Sunday, one week earlier.

The Sunday 19th January 2020 meeting will be held from 12pm to 2pm-ish in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head upstairs! We'll have our own room.

Look out for trams. They are vewy vewy quiet.

Here is a handy Google map. This map will actually show you where the Shakespeare Hotel is. Most people ignore this link.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 19th January 2020

Post by noemz »

I've booked the two table room upstairs for the meeting. Who's coming?

Also... There are trams! That you can... CATCH! I like walking, but I'm curious, plus the first station after Central is very close to the Shakespeare.
shxinny

Post by shxinny »

I wonder if the tram speed will be comparable to walking LOL
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I heard that George Street is slow, but there are fewer cattle I mean pedestrians on Devonshire Road. Then again, it's uphill. :lol:

A friend of mine does marathons, and there was some concern about people cheating during the race by catching the tram. Once the tram's speed was discovered, they decided the punishment would be... to give them the time they got due to riding the tram.
bensonp

Post by bensonp »

Hi all, this will be my first meeting is there anything I should know before coming?
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Benson!

Let's see... People turn up around noon. Go past the bar, go upstairs, we're in the room with two tables (not the room with the one big table and antlers on the ceiling). People order lunch from the bar (you get a buzzer to go pick it up), and we chat while we eat. After lunch, we get stuck into the stories, just discussing and bouncing ideas back and forth and... telling jokes.

It helps if you've read the stories before attending, so that you know what the hell is going on. :D

It's pretty casual and friendly!