Online Writing Resources for 'Beginning' Writer

For general chitchat which may or may not be about writing.
chrisgal

Online Writing Resources for 'Beginning' Writer

Post by chrisgal »

Hi,

I used to really enjoy creative writing in English class in high school and would get good marks. I am after online writing resources that will help me get back into my creative writing. This may be exercises or topics, webpages with relevant info or places to purchase recommended ebooks. Basically i need a 'mind jogger' so I can sit down look at a topic for example to get me going to start writing again.

Cheers
Christopher Gal

P.S. With any luck I'll be coming to SupaNova Sydney on the Saturday.
noemz
Site Admin

Re: Online Writing Resources for 'Beginning' Writer

Post by noemz »

Hi Chris!

I did a random search for "writing resources" and "get writing" and came up with a few links that may or may not be useful:

31 ways to find inspiration for your writing.
How to get over writer's block.

Basic nuts and bolts, if you need them (English usage, common writing mistakes, grammar etc): 50 Free Resources That Will Improve Your Writing Skills.

Or, if you just need a topic to get you started, then let's see... Go to the topic I just posted here. Use that as your starting point for a story and push it in any direction, so long as it's science fiction or fantasy. Ready, set, go!

I'll also be at Supanova! My table is "Sarah Ellerton / Zeera" (I'm not Sarah! I'm sharing a table) in The Alley. It may take you a while to find me as this year's Supanova is going to be HUGE. Oh, and I'll also be next to Jaime. ;)