SUNDAY 20th July 2014

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SUNDAY 20th July 2014

Post by noemz »

The July meeting for 2014 will be on SUNDAY again, on the 20th July.

The meeting will run from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head towards the tables at the back.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
ThomasLayton

Re: SUNDAY 20th July 2014

Post by ThomasLayton »

I look forward to joining you fine people for it.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Excellent! I think there might be a fair few people going this time... Everyone will get to meet everyone!
Highfantasyaddict

Post by Highfantasyaddict »

Hi All,

I'm looking forward to this month's meeting - and to finally posting something for critique! (its only taken three meetings!). As an aside (and I hope you don't mind me putting this here), last week Bookworld approached my blog asking if I'd do a giveaway for them. So I'm doing it (with no idea what I'm doing). It's a nice prize - a box set of George R R Martins 'A Song Of Ice And Fire' - valued at 99 bucks. The comp ends on Monday 14th July, and I was wondering if you might show your support by dropping by my blog and maybe entering the comp? I'm hoping if I do a good job, they might give me more nice stuff to give away. Here's the link:
http://highfantasyaddict.wordpress.com/ ... of-asoiaf/

Helen
Marina

Post by Marina »

Just entered your comp, Helen, though I have the books already. Have you mentioned it on Goodreads? That might be a good place to find some more entrants.

Sadly it looks like I won't be able to make the meeting after all. It's my mother-in-law's birthday on the 21st and my sister-in-law has invited everyone to lunch on the 20th to celebrate. I could legitimately claim a prior engagement, but I don't want to tread on any family toes.
Highfantasyaddict

Thanks so much for entering Marina, and a shame you won't be there on Sunday. I had a look at entering the comp on Goodreads, but it seems that they want to choose the winner for me (which isn't going to work if I've got a whole bunch of ppl entering on my blog). I don't know if there's a way around it. Any ideas?
LisaFleetwood

Post by LisaFleetwood »

Hi! Helen let me know about your group - I have just registered and am coming along to the meeting on Sunday 20th. Looking forward to it.
Lisa
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Ohhh a new member! Welcome, Lisa! :D
Highfantasyaddict

See you tomorrow, Lisa!
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

I'm seeing people posting work for this meeting, and comments following! So much activity!

It's giving me the warm fuzzies. :)

See you all at the Shakespeare!