SATURDAY 15th November 2014

About the next meeting, whether it's running, where, when... Are you going?
noemz
Site Admin

SATURDAY 15th November 2014

Post by noemz »

The November meeting for 2014 will be on SATURDAY the 15th November.

The meeting will run from 12pm to 2pm in the Shakespeare Hotel at 200 Devonshire Street in Surry Hills, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Central station.

Come into the bar and head towards the tables at the back.

Here is a handy Google map.

Post into this thread about this meeting. Eg, whether or not you can come along, whether you need your arm twisted to finish that new story in time, etc.
OriginalJigen

Re: SATURDAY 15th November 2014

Post by OriginalJigen »

Hi guys

Is there still time to submit something for this meet up? And could you kindly remind me where I would best do that?
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hi Original Jigen!

Of course, of course, you have until 9th November to submit something! Pop into the Monthly Workshops area here (which you can only see when you are logged in):

http://www.infinitaswriters.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

At the top of this section, you will see instructions on "How to post stories and comments".
At the bottom, you'll see the section for the next meeting, labelled "15th November 2014". I put up a new section like this for every meeting. That's where people post their stories.

9th November isn't a strict deadline, but do try to aim for that date so that people have a chance to read your story and write comments before the meeting.

Also have a look at other people's work when it's posted. If you're not sure how to comment on other people's work, have a look at posted comments from previous meetings.

Hope to see you in November! :D
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Hey Original Jigen,

I've moved your story post into the 15th November 2014 forum, as that's the forum for our next meeting. So, your post didn't just disappear, I simply moved it. :)
LisaFleetwood

Post by LisaFleetwood »

Hi all,
I really wanted to come along this time but I'm pitching my book at the NSW Writers Centre on the 15th at Literary Speed Dating!
Have great lunch and hopefully I get to a some meetings next year.

Lisa :-)
Highfantasyaddict

Post by Highfantasyaddict »

Same for me - its speed-dating day…would have loved to make the last catch-up of the year. Boo :(

Helen
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Rargh, I didn't know this was on. :| I put the meeting on Saturday because of the Parramatta thing on Sunday.

Well, good luck to the two of you! I hope you get some interest! :)
Marina

Post by Marina »

Damn. For some reason I thought this was on Sunday. I can't make it on Saturday either (not that I have anything to put up anyway). I'll have to catch up with you all next year instead.
noemz
Site Admin

Post by noemz »

Okay, I'm wondering if I could get people's email addresses? Don't post them here (because, spam bots) but email me at:
naomi dot hatchman at gmail dot com.

This means that when I'm planning the next meeting and I need to know when people are available on the Saturday and/or the Sunday, I can ensure that you all get the message and can let me know of your availability. Is that cool with people?
DionneAuthor

Post by DionneAuthor »

I'll be attending my first meeting this week. Sorry I'm going to miss meeting some of you. I think I recognise a name or two (Lisa Fleetwood). Good luck with your pitches at NSW Writer's Centre.